Wednesday, October 29, 2025

A Magical Mantel

A spooky mantel for a chilly morning. I really like the glass coffin boxes from Michaels and wanted to create something to add to the mantel. Michaels had a small bag of resin skulls that look like concrete, so I emptied my electric pencil sharpener and used the pencil graphite to age the skulls. A little moss completed the look. Spray painted a plastic beetle with antique gold and placed it in the cast iron owl votive. I try to do something different each year and the large terra cotta cauldron will be used outside next year with a witch's brew of live plants. I'm thinking the 'Dracula' celosia seeds I'm saving will be a perfect specimen for that cauldron.


This Agatha Collection cat tray will be displayed all year. It's too cute to stay in storage. The whole collection is fantastic, but I'm partial to kitty cats. My two sweetie boys are in the photo too.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.